Roon macOS crashing on x2 machines, no longer connecting to core unless Roon is running on server machine

Roon Core Machine

macOS Big Sur 11.6.7
MacBook Air
Processor: 1.7GHx Dual-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Roon version 1.8 (build 970) stable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Deco
Operation Mode: Access Point
Mesh Technology for Roon Core : off (disabling this option will turn off seamless roaming between Decos for this device)
Access point connected via ethernet to router, routing services and IP assignment happens at ISP router

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSX Series 1, connected via wifi, wired drivers
Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i, connected via wifi

Roon remote running on: macOS Monterery version 12.4
MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020
Processor .7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16GB 2133 Mhz LPDDR3
Roon version 1.8 (build 970) stable

Roon remote running on iPhone 13
macOS Software version 15.5

Number of Tracks in Library

6834 track in library

Description of Issue

As of Monday 4th July Roon would not connect to the core from a remote device. This failed on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone. When I ran roon on my MacBook Air - core machine - I could use the remote applications again. Previously, Roon has worked with no issues with only running the server on the core machine and remote devices connecting to it.

I then observed seven crashes of Roon. Each time the remote device would drop connection and I would restart the Roon player on the core device. Music playback seemed to last between 30-60 minutes, from memory I was playing local files.

I have updated macOS on the core machine and reboot the machine as a test, crashes still occured.

There is an issue with roonserver on macOS at this time

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.