Roon MACOSX Trial Version Wont Open (just bounce and disappear)

At least for the trial period the Core2Duo may be usable?..Im sure then, I will have to go for a Mac mini…thanks.

Hey @Enrique_Donoso — Thank you for providing those logs! I have sent them over to the technical team for further analysis. Did the second command output the file to the path in the command, or did it not succeed in doing so? The path would be /Desktop/systemreport.spx

In the meantime, if you’d like to try out Roon on another machine, I think the i5 would be a great choice if you’re able to use it! The Core Duo may work for you as well, but it is definitely below spec and performance would not be optimal.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation here! I’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP when I hear from the technical team.

Regards,
Dylan

Dylan, how do you think a Mac Mini Core2Duo with 4GB Ram would perform?..thinking in leaving that machine just for the Roon software and the music?. Pls advise. The Mac mini Isvel running Yosemite and I think is not upgradable…not sure how this may impact with future Roon releases.

@Enrique_Donoso That MacMini is likely 2010 vintage and will not perform very well…it probably doesnt have an SSD either that will cripple it to beyond a good roon experience. You should use at least a 2012 mac mini and even then it must have SSD and will still be on borderline minimum specs.

If you are going to get a new machine I would suggest an i5or i7 NUC and ROCK just for roon.

1 Like

Hey @Enrique_Donoso,

That machine would definitely fall below our minimum requirements for Roon and you would likely see performance issues. I definitely recommend following the requirements from that Knowledge Base article in order to achieve optimal performance.

Regards,
Dylan