Roon makes Windows 11 bluescreens / crashes

This is the error message from Windows when the Roon app is crashed.
I have to reboot to get it working again. Once in a while Windows gives a blue screen at that moment.

All drivers are latest

Are you obtaining these video drivers from Dell?

If so, Maybe try to download the drivers direct from Intel.

–MD

1 Like

I have tried both several times, makes no difference unfortunately.

Bummer

–MD

Hi @Olaf_Jungen,

Can you do something for me? Windows key + R and type dxdiag. Go to the display tab and take a screenshot of that screen for me if you would please.

Thanks,
Wes

Yes of course, see below.

Hi @Olaf_Jungen,

I guess it seems the driver updater isn’t reading things correctly. The current driver version is 31.0.101.3790 and was released in October of this year. Screenshot below.

The link above is the same one that @MikeD posted but I’m providing it again just in case.

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

Oh you are right, sorry for that. Once in a while Windows updates pushes the official latest Dell driver unfortunately. Which is an old driver and annoying of course. I just have installed latest Intel driver again, but it happens with both versions. I am 100% sure about that because I have been testing both for some time now.

By the way 31.0.101.2114 is latest for 630.

Question is: Why Roon is only application which is having stability issues?

Hi @Olaf_Jungen,

Unfortunately, I only have guesses as to why Roon might be having issues. In every single instance I can find of OpenGL errors, they point to driver updates as a resolution.

Can you download the open GL tool for me and tell me what version it shows there? 4.6 is the most recent.

Here is the link to the download:

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,
Yes of course. See below, 4.6 is installed.

Hi @Olaf_Jungen,

Have you been without the blue screen the last few days?

–MD

Hi MikeD,
Thank you for asking, but unfortunately no. But I haven’t been using Roon as a remote that often the last couple of days to be honest. I will do so tomorrow. Saturday I will go on holiday for a week. So no update from my side next week.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.