Roon merges two albums incorrectly

Content you’re reporting an issue with

I have two albums that have the title Bach Concertos. One is a five disc set by Trevor Pinnock and the other a one disk release by Victoria Mullova. roon or its metadata provider insists on treating these all as one release and intermingling the tracks despite my best efforts to find a solution by renaming the albums, retagging in MP3TAG, etc. How do I convince roon that these are separate albums? I have not used Merge Albums on them so that cannot be the cause.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I have made no edits in roon, but have tried edits in MP3Tag as indicated.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

These are files on my hard drive; I have no subscription to Tidal or Qobuz.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Here is a screenshot of how roon has intermingled these two albums

Could you show how you have tagged both albums in MP3Tag, especially regarding Album Title, Album Artist, Artists ?

Here is the entry for a track on the Mullova album. Note that there is no colon after Bach in Album

And here is the entry for a track on the Pinnock album (note the colon after Bach in Album)

I think the Artist names are entered incorrectly. Instead of “Victoria Mullova, Academia Bizantina” try “Victoria Mullova\\Academia Bizantina” in order to keep the 2 artists separate. Similarly for the “Simon Standage, The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock” try: “Simon Standage\\The English Concert\\Trevor Pinnock”.
Please tell me if this helps.

Regards

I could not understand why this would solve the problem, but I tried it and nothing changed. The two albums were still intermingled. I think part of the issue is that roon does not properly identify the The English Concert/Pinnock album. When I move the Mullova out of a roon monitored folder so that only the Pinnock remained, roon would identify only the first three discs, not the last two. I went ahead and let roon identify this with the last two disc’s tracks being just tacked on. When I brought the Mullova back into the monitored area, the albums becaims intermingled again, but now they were listed as the English Concert album with its cover art. What a mess.

In the first under disknumber, try just 1