Roon meta data and Tidal issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
SmallGreenComputer SonicTransporter i5 gen2, Linux, Roon 1.8 build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Zyxel VMG3925-B10B, firmware V5.13(AAVF.17)C0
Ethernet connection for STi5 and Sonore microRendu
WiFi for the remotes, iPad and iMac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonore microRendu, ethernet to USB

Description Of Issue

1. Album covers are displayed but disappear again after a while in the album list
  2. From time to time I get a message that Roon cannot download meta data because it needs to be updated
  3. When I want to manually identify an album, there are no suggestions and no matter what I search for, there are no results (U2, Bob, etc.)
  4. In the Tidal section, there are only headlines and otherwise completely blank and I can not search for new Tidal albums.
  5. If I go to an artist I already have, the person’s roon / tidal recommended albums will be displayed, but if I click on one of them I will get the following error message: Unexspected error loading album, Please try again later (Unauthorized)
  6. Previously selected Tidal favorites can be played without any problems?!?

I have tried restarting Roon core and remote apps and clear roon cash. It solves problem 1 and 2 in a few minutes, but then it starts again. Problem 3-5 is constant

I have now also tried to log off / log in to Tidal. Reset router to factory settings and re-configure. Uninstall Roon core / server and reinstall with subsequent restore from backup.
None of it worked … Help

Read your response to a similar support case and tried Google DNS. Everything works again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Jacob_Andresen,

What a relief to read your final post - thank you for creating it! I’m very grateful that you’ve been using our community site as a resource and that you’ve been troubleshooting the issue you’ve experienced, while we had a chance to reply.

It has taken us much longer than we had hoped - thank you for not giving up :muscle:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.