Roon Metadata Improver Update? [Fixed]

Same issue here. My Mac Mini core is connected to my router with an ethernet cable, so at least in my set-up, wifi seems not to be the problem.

Best,

Martijn

@Eric Hi Eric, here is some further information for you.

Wifi can be ruled out in my situation, my core machine is hardwired to my network. Just to be sure I have rebooted the access point but that has not changed the behaviour. Communication from my mac mini to the outside world works just fine. Network is pretty simple. Provider modem connected to Netgear switch which distributes to three Airport Extremeā€™s throughout the house in bridge mode. All connectivity is via ethernet except for mobile devices.

All network diagnostics are green here. As I am able to manually identify an album, it is obviously able to connect to metadata services when I force it to, but not automatically. So I think we can rule out network issues here. Firewalls are all on, but allow incoming connections from Roon etc.

Now with the manual identification thing. I was able to manually identify all the albums that I loaded into Roon in the last 24 hours when the problem started. These are now all matched with corresponding album art and track listings. However the core is still spinning:

Adding music to Library
Of 121 tracks, 121 added, 0 identified

So even though I was able to manually identify the albums, Roon still does not recognise that I have done so.

I am assuming your comment regarding ā€˜multiple reportsā€™ does not indicate a widespread issue, and that this is being seen as a local issue with ā€˜someā€™ reports - which is my assumption otherwise the board would be lit up with people reporting this issueā€¦

Thanks for your help
Sean

Hello,

In my situation:
Cable Modem (modem,router,firewall) - > Ethernet Cable - > Unmanaged Gigabit Switch - > Ethernet Cable - > Core machine

Software firewall on core machine is disabled.

Kind regards,

Dominic

Now this is interesting perhaps - all members in this thread reporting this issue are located Netherlands/Belgium ?

Canada exacting revenge?

SJB

ā€¦In the Netherlands/Belgium on Macs?

I run Roon Server on an Intel NUC using Windows, and not seen this issueā€¦

ok maybe was a shot in the dark :wink:

I am experiencing this problem as well.

Control running on Macbook Pro (2015) MacOS Sierra
Core running on 64bit NUC in a Linux installation

As far as I know software should be the latest.

Macbook Pro is connected via an WLAN AP.
WLAN, NUC, NAS containing the music and my gateway router are all connected to the same Managed Switch.

Internet works without hitch on Macbook, NUC and NAS.

I donā€™t think anyone contradicted you, did they?

Iā€™m not seeing it.

Signed, NUC in Germany.

1 Like

Well hadnā€™t had my coffee yet, and after coffee a dutch national firewall blocking traffic to Roon metadata services seemed slightly far-fetched :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have the same problemā€¦started when i got back from a trip weds night and fired up roon and added a new album from HD tracks. No resolution c any reboots of Core or Mac Mini. Now every new album added from Tidal has no cover art. 0therwise everything else works well. Cable modem to Airport extreme to wall to switch to mac mini c ext thunderbolt drive housing music. Microrendu on network via ethernet from same switch c USB from rendu to iFiMicroDSD to amp to my Vandys. Sounds awesome esp now c the UpTone LPS-1 powering the Rendu as of last night! Still would like the Metadata improver error to go away!
Thanks
Doug

1 Like

Hang tight, support has my logs, I am sure we will see a solution to this in due time, just enjoy the tunes :metal:

In my opinion itā€™s quite plausible. No fun, those people. :laughing:

2 Likes

Same problem here in Japan.

Control: Windows10 64bit Home
Core: 64bit Linux CENTOS7

I donā€™t use wifi, and all PCs are connected via Gigabit ethernet.

I found this problem yesterday and the internet connectivity has been fine.

Hi,

Same situation here. Any solution?
Iā€™m using v1.2 (build 161).

Hey folks ā€“ we gathered logs from a few of you over the weekend and weā€™re looking into this. Will update this thread as soon as we have some more information.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience!

@mike @Eric thanks guys, its much appreciated. Donā€™t require the metadata to enjoy the music so I am sure we will survive until this is sorted :slight_smile: Cheers!

Same problem here (in Montana USA) Roon 1.2 (build 161), late-2012 quad-core i7 Mac Mini, El Capitan OS 10.11.6

cable internet > cable modem > Ericsson unmanaged switch > Apple AirPort Extreme > Mac Mini

NAS library > the same Apple Airport Extreme. Using WiFi only for Roon Remote on an iPad Pro 12.9, otherwise everything else is hard-wired ethernet CAT6. No problems with internet access from the Mini or anywhere else in the house.

About the same time the warning triangle showed up I experienced a couple of Roon warnings about checking my network after I had tried going to Tidal from within Roon, and also after doing a search on an album title that seemed to take forever. However, using Speedtest from the Mini got then and am still getting the theoretical max from my cable internet subscription of 10mbps up and 5mbps down.

The window with the Triangle warning about Metadata Improver halted also shows 4 tracks added, 0 identified and a spinning circular arrow.

Restarting Roon, rebooting the Mini does not clear the triangle.

Thanks,

Steve Z

The latest update that came out tonight as fixed my meta-data improve error!! All previously on labeled albums now show the correct label from Tidal! Strong work team!

2 Likes

Same - warning triangle is gone - metadata is loading and completed! Thanks Roon Support !

1 Like