ROON missing audio devices it saw yesterday

Roon Core Machine

I am running of a Win10 PC that have been using for a few years.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Duxbury DUX2524 24 port Gigabit PoE Switch that accepts the fibre feed from the internet providers’ modem

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet connected PS Audio DS Jr DAC, Optical Rendu, Matrix Element i2, Sound Bar
Wifi connected B&W Formation Flex

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This am, Roon would not see my ethernet connected Optical Rendu, Roon Bridge II (PS Audio DS jr) or Matrix Element i2. It does see my ethernet connected sound bar and wifi connected Formation Flex.

There are green and orange flashing lights at the ethernet connection on the Bridge II and probably the others. I have restarted the DAC and the Matrix a number of times. I have restarted Roon a few times. The devises are not even recognized under Audio devises that need to be enabled.

I have been running Roon almost since its beginning and have not experienced an issue like this. My Network guy took a look at the switch from afar and said all looked fine…

The Sonicorbiter, which is the local link to the Rendu, recognizes the Rendu on the system, but when i try to access it, I time out. Message is site can’t be reached.

I am a bit stumped on this one… I sure hope you can help!!!

As a troubleshooting measure, reboot all the network equipment (modem/router, switches, etc) and then the Roon core followed by the audio devices.

Thank you - it was a switch that went bad.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.