Roon mobile: remote streaming outside of the home [done]

This is the modt voted feature with a huge amount of discussion, it is on the roadmap and is overwhelming in Roons own interests to do (imagine all the new subscribers they can attract when its truly mobile).

What more is there to say?

This is not a knock I just don’t understand what other steps can be taken.

1 Like

The obvious step is to actually deliver it.

The second obvious step is to actually communicate something.

I have seen evidence of neither myself, other than the reference I posted above, which cannot be validated due to no communication. Have I missed a communication somewhere? Super hoping so!

1 Like

Two very similar feature suggestion topics were merged (this one and the one you started), this was done to improve focus and have the discussion (and voting) in one place so as not to dilute the request.

At the time you complained about the merge and wanted them split out again… I made the effort to do that and manually select the respective posts and reconstituted the two topics …

This restored the topics as you requested … but now your are complaining about them being split… I’m confused.

To be honest all of this is moot … Roon have said it’s on the roadmap and that it is a very large project for them. No amount of grumbling on here will change that.

I would like this feature too, but whatever we say on here will not make it come any faster. Personally I’m pleased Roon confirmed it was on the roadmap… as typically they don’t.

1 Like

I agree it probably is moot. But actually no I didn’t complain that they should be split, originally I complained that they were split then someone possibly you was (I thought) joining them up again. But it never got back the old magic. Anyway, what’s done is done but I hope we are a little more careful in future when splitting things out as at very least it created a more confusing and disjointed discussion.

1 Like

No, it was the other way round, see …

The topics had been merged into one all encompassing topic … you complained about the merge… and I spent hours splitting them out again back into two separate topics.

Ah yes, that happened too. But the other thread which was retained elsewhere included what was originally covered. Anyway, it doesn’t matter.

not sure if this is still the relevant thread - can I ask the Roon guys for an update on Roon Mobile [On Roadmap - scheduled] please - I can completely understand it has had to take its place amongst the many other great developments but it remains a long time and much desired feature.

2 Likes

I’ve given up and decided to use Plexamp for remote streaming.

3 Likes

Mystic welcome to the club.
There are s lot of us in this club.
We don’t really talk about it, but we would rather be running Roon :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Something tells me the recent move in the latest version to load images direct from Roon and not local core is all part of a strategy for this. But we will see.

2 Likes

We can only hope, but good thinking on your part

A post was split to a new topic: No images whatsoever for the last several months

Any kind of update would be great. This is the one thing keeping me from switching to Roon.

I mean… It’s been ‘on the roadmap’ for over 6 years. Any kind of software development is ‘a lot of work’, but I don’t think it really excuses not having what should be a pretty standard feature these days with no updates on when they plan to deliver it; is it in a couple more months? a couple more years? forever ‘on the roadmap’?

4 Likes

No date but it’s being worked on. From a different thread but …

cant wait for that feature.
want finaly to be able to play my tracks on my smartphone or when im at my friends house.

1 Like

Yes I’m in that club too. I will say that Plex is great, and IMO no substitute for Roon when it comes to music, but allows you to stream not only all your music files, but all your photos, videos, audiobooks, and practically any media you have on your home server. It works really well, in my experience, and there are even plex apps for smart tvs, roku, apple tv, etc. I have no problem sharing the same music directory with plex and roon.

5 Likes

That’s what I do too, and it works a treat. Obviously not as customizable as Roon, but that hasn’t been a big deal for the most part. The major problem I have is custom playlists, just because I don’t want to take the time to work extensively on one platform and then have to duplicate it for the other.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon mobile: Syncing Music Files To Portable Devices for local playback [On Roadmap]

@danny @michael Well lo and behold. I just mentioned this on Michael’s welcome post. What happened?