Roon music playback

I know my question is pretty basic. I have a Roon Nucleus REV B. My roon is connected to my wireless router via ethernet as is my AV Reciever. When I play music via Roon is the music transported over the ethernet cable or through the WiFi?

Thank you
George

Unless you have configured a wireless connection on your Nucleus, you are wired.

If both Nucleus and AV receiver connect to the router using Ethernet, then music playback is via cable. Only your control device, e.g., iPad, would use Wi-Fi.

Martin, thank you very much for your response. What puzzles me is that my music stops playing when I disconnect the wireless router. I understand that the Roon apps won’t be available but I would think the music would continue playing without the wireless router powered on.

George

Thank you Vincent. Is there something in the roon configuration setup for the Nucleus B that would tell me if I was using a wireless connection or is wired simply because I have an ethernet cable going to my wireless router which the AV Reciever also has?

When you turn off the router, you have no network, so Roon and any other networked device, can no longer communicate with each other or the Internet. It is good practice to leave the router on 24 × 7 × 365.

Got it. Thank you, Martin

George

1 Like

There’s no native wireless in the Nucleus that I am aware of to configure. You would have needed to do that on your own with a wireless dongle.

Ok. Thank you Vincent

George

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.