Roon network error in web request?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Synology ds1819+ DSM 6.2.3-25426/cpu intel atom c3538, 8G ram/ Roon 1.7 Build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear GS308T / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
My Roon shows this internet error and the message is coming from the roonserver_log …

01/15 10:37:14 Warn: Error in web request https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/accounts/3/login: NetworkError (The operation has timed out.)

01/15 10:37:14 Warn: [broker/accounts] failed to refresh account info: Result[Status=NetworkError, ErrorText=The operation has timed out.]

Hi @Chin-Hua_Chang,

Just to clarify — Are you just seeing this in the logs, or are you experiencing other symptoms? Are you able to log in okay?

If not, can you provide some additional details on your networking setup? Is your Core connected directly to the router or are there other devices in use?

Hi Dylan
Yes, just seeing this in the log , and I can login on, but the message shows unable to load album.

This morning it works again, and I doesn’t change anything

network setup

adsl -> Netgear rx7800 -> Netgear gs308t -> nas (core)

Hello @Chin-Hua_Chang, this looks to be a managed switch, which is something we generally recommend against in our networking guide. If you bypass it and connect the core directly to the router does this still occur?

hi @nuwriy @dylan

I do not change anything, it works next day. Everything works fine without bypass managed switch.

thank you for your help.

Hello @Chin-Hua_Chang, glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.