Roon never releasing NoIdleSleepAssertion on Mac

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, yes, I think I still have the problem. I recently restarted Roon but already have the following:

pid 2729(RoonAppliance): [0x0000673800018cd2] 00:24:18 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: “Music is playing”
pid 2729(RoonAppliance): [0x0000493f00018a24] 02:32:11 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: “Music is playing”
pid 2729(RoonAppliance): [0x0000487000018a1c] 02:35:38 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: “Music is playing”
pid 2729(RoonAppliance): [0x000039dd000188b7] 03:37:49 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: “Music is playing”

Thanks for the reply David. It looks like something we will just have to live with. At night I listen to music before going to sleep and my computer is in another room so it just stays running all night if I pause and restart Roon, creating multiple assertions. As a temporary solution I use Google remote on my iPhone to share my computer screen and close Roon. Other apps such as Plex let go of the assertion immediately after playing stops and it would be nice to see Roon do the same.

Hi @Fordski, are you still having this problem? I was hoping that v1.6 would resolve the issue but it’s still the same for me.

@DaveN sorry for the late reply here. I actually moved my Roon setup to a separate server (my old Hackintosh) recently and have been monitoring the sleep issues. Sadly I still see the NoIdleSleepAssertion persist on my server after pauses in playing, so the behaviour is similar to before. I may try a different operating system (windows or Linux) and see how that plays out.

Thanks for the update @Fordski. @eric, is this still something that’s being looked into?