Roon no longer playing to system

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini (2018), macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Wifi (one router)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LS50 wireless speakers

Description Of Issue

Roon was fine on this same computer when it was addressing a different audio system (Mytek Brooklyn Bridge to amp to speakers, no issues). Now that I moved the computer to a different space, it was playing (among all the other connected options on the wifi network) to a pair of KEF LS50 wireless speakers. They used to show up as an option, but had to be “found” again and again. I can still play to those speakers from the same computer without problem using Audirvana, or from a mobile device using mConnect, but Roon no longer works. It refuses to find the speakers (which stand ten feet away) and it also often fails to retain my Tidal login (also not a problem before). I don’t know what changed - the wifi network has not changed, the password for it has not changed, the Roon version, I think, has not changed. But Roon no longer updates its local library, and between that, the failures with Tidal, and the failure to find the main speakers, it has become useless to me. I regret paying for a year, because I basically cannot make it play music, either on the computer or through proper speakers. I suggest refunding all users who have this issue currently.

Hello @Peter_Krapp, my apologies for the trouble here, but we’re happy to help! Could you please send me a screenshot of “Settings>Audio” on the mac mini? Also, does this issue still occur if the core is connected via Ethernet? We always recommend Ethernet for your core in our networking best practices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.