Roon no longer recognizes my Schiit Bifrost DAC since update [Resolved - Reboot]

Roon no longer recognizes my Schiit Bifrost DAC since update even with reboot.

Now it has returned to my list of devices, but nothing will play on it.

I can play with Tidal Desktop app or Qobuz desktop app to the Bifrost, but Roon will not do so

Hello @drdaveol, I’ve split out your post to its own support topic…

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

Hello @drdaveol, and thanks for your report! Are you having issues playing to any other endpoints?

No I can play from Air Play to Air Play endpoints.
I can play to Kef LS50W by ethernet and to micro rendu through ethernet.

The Bifrost DAC is connected to my IMAC where my core resides.

If I reboot, it will appear as an endpoint. After I try to play to it and no sound comes out(Roon does not show song playing either) and I change to another end point, the Bifrost disappears as an endpoint, until I reboot again.

Thanks for you assistance

I just rebooted my iMac, and it is playing now.

I will post if this changes.

1 Like

Glad to hear that a reboot helped! Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.