ethernet to Roon Core
ethernet to a Netgear GS305 5 port switch which is then hardwired to Streamer

Connected Audio Devices

Aurali Aries Mini
USB to Chord Qutest

Number of Tracks in Library

Streaming via Qobuz

Description of Issue

On Friday no problems but on Saturday my Aries Mini is no longer visible as an audio zone in Roon. The ipad I use to control Roon is available and will play.

I’ve checked Windows Defender and can see that Qobuz, raatserver & roon.exe are all allowed so not sure what else to check for.

I’m not aware of any updates to Windows being applied yesterday and have not changed any settings on Roon itself.

Thoughts appreciated!

Hopefully support will be able to add something more specific, but in the meanwhile I’d suggest rebooting everyone - your core, Aries Mini, BT hub, Netgear switch - pretty much every device in the signal chain.

Hi,

Thanks for response. I should have said in my original post that I have hard rebooted everything a couple of times already.

That usually does it, but not this time!

In which case, have you confirmed that the switch is working? If not, plug something into it to check. It might also be worth swapping your ethernet cables around. I can’t imagine one will have failed, but it might be worth confirming. And finally, can you hardwire the streamer directly to the Smart Hub? That might also be worth trying.

If none of that works, hopefully support will be able to help.

EDIT: the other possibility is that the Aries Mini has failed.

I have just swapped in an old Sonos Connect - Roon can see this and it plays fine, via the switch. So this does suggest that it is the Mini that is the issue.

More worryingly I cannot get the Qutest to work via the Connect at the moment, so hopfully there is no issue there but will need to have a bit more of play with this first.

To check if there’s a problem with the Qutest you could try connecting it directly to the core.

@DaveN thanks for response. Please excuse my ignorance but how would I do that?

I think you can just connect it directly via USB.

Oh yes direct from laptop via usb. Not done this before with this DAC but did with an earlier model. I will give it a go.

1 Like

@DaveN. Thanks for pointer - tested and all fine. Looks like the problem with is with the Mini rather than Roon so I will log a ticket with Auralic support and see where there gets me.

All the best.

Well, not a solution but at least we narrowed down the problem. The only other thing I can suggest is that you erase the settings on the mini. I have no idea if it will help, but it might be worth trying:

Yes I’ve tried that - nothing happens. It is as though the unit has got “stuck”. In the meantime at least I have the capability to play music which was not the case last night!

Hopefully Auralic will have something sensible to suggest, but at least you don’t need to sit there in silence now :slight_smile:

Hey @Mal_Westfield,

It’s so great to see your openness towards the Roon community - thanks for posting about this and talking with @DaveN to narrow down the issue. We’re grateful.

Even if things were more clear after this conversation, I was wondering if there’s any update you can share since? Can we help with anything else? :nerd

Thanks @DaveN for your help!

1 Like

Latest update. Basically a solid orange light on an Auralic Aries Mini means the unit has developed a hardware fault. Auralic support have confirmed that this is beyond economic repair.

So basically nothing wrong with Roon! I have subsequently purchased a SOtM 200 Neo and I am now listening to hi-res music again - happy days.

Thanks to @DaveN for input to help resolve.

1 Like