Roon no longer shows me my M3U playlists - help!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon rock dedicated PC. Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet. Router is Synology.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Streamer and USB DAC

Description Of Issue

On Roon I used to be able to see the M3U file playlists which are on the same hard drive as my music, which is connected to the Roon Rock PC. They have disappeared since upgrading to 1.7. Any way to get roon to see them again? Should they be listed under the ‘Playlists’ section or elsewhere?

Hi @Duckworp,

How were these M3U playlists originally created? What OS were they created on?

Would you mind sharing one of these with us via a shared Dropbox link?

1 Like

That is a link to one of the files from the hard drive. The odd thing is I used to ‘see’ these playlists in Roon, though I am not sure where I saw them but I presume in the Playlist section. Created on Windows from Foobar.

Created on Windows from foobar

Thanks, @Duckworp!

I’ve passed this file and information along to the technical team to investigate and I’ll be sure to reach out once I’ve received their feedback.

Hi @Duckworp,

The team is still investigating this, but in the meantime they are hoping you can try changing the / characters in the M3U file to \ instead? After doing so does that work for you?

Hi, is there any resolution to this?

Hi @Duckworp,

Were you able to give this a try?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.