Razer Blade 15, i7-12800H, 32GB DDR5 RAM, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
Roon, using latest download version.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Roon several times. When I start it I get a momentary hourglass and then nothing. I checked Task Mgr and it is not running. I went and added it to the NVidia list of apps and still nothing.

I have been using Roon for years and now it does not run on this machine or my other Alienware laptop.

@support, see also …

Hi @Patrick_Kelly,

I have a couple of suggestions that could resolve this for you.

1. Run Roon as administrator. Someone just reported resolving issues by doing this.

2. Update your video driver via NVIDIA’s website.

3. A clean install:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

Please let me know if these things fix the issue for you.

Regards,
Wes

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for replying so promptly!

I did try everything you listed. It did not make a difference. When I launch Roon, I get a momentary hourglass where the cursor is (indicating something is afoot) and then nothing.

Hi @Patrick_Kelly,

There are a few angles of attack left. While I think the second option is best, I’ll provide you with the link that has fixed this for me before:

1. Run Roon as administrator (if you didn’t already).
  2. Run the system file checker Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support
  3. Update your drivers with Dell’s support assist tool.
  4. Use Roon Server

Roon server serves as your core and once installed, replaces the need to have the software running on that PC. Assuming all of these steps restore your ability to use the application on the PC, you should be able to use Roon Remote instances on any mobile device or PC on your network.

Regarding Roon Server, you’ll need to uninstall via control panel and then wipe the folders before you begin:

1. Wipe folders
  • Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  1. Install Roon Server from Downloads - Roon Labs

2. Click Roon Server tray icon and select launch at startup.

3. Reboot, then install the Windows client from Downloads - Roon Labs

4. When you log in, log into the new instance of a core (Roon Server) and re-import your last backup.

Please let me know how things go. I have found several instances of a kernelbase.dll fault and these steps have been historically successful.

Thanks,
Wes

That did it! I installed Roon Server. At first it made no difference. I then rebooted and Roon ran.

Thank You!!!

1 Like

I’m so very glad to hear this, @Patrick_Kelly.

Best wishes to you and enjoy the music!

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.