Roon no playing, skipping tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zen Mini Mk 2, Version 1.3.4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Zen Mini is connected by ethernet to Google Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Zen Mini is also connected to a Mytek Liberty DAC

Description Of Issue

Roon is not able to start playing and then proceeds to skip tracks. This happens on Tidal as well as personal library albums. I have rebooted the system (Roon, Zen and Mytek several times, to no avail). I have read posts about similar issues but none except rebooting seemed relevant, which I have done.

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

Is this connected to the primary Google WiFi router or one of the satellite devices?

Can you verify where your library is stored?

Was playback previously working for you in this configuration? Were there any changes to your setup?

Thanks!

The Zen Mini is connected to the primary Google router. The library is stored on the Zen Mini which is also backed up to an external hard drive. I have used this configuration for over a year with no changes. I did add several albums (24/196) in the last few days, which would be the only recent activity.

Update: I removed the most recent albums that I added just before this problem occurred, did a hard reset of the dac, then rebooted the mini and Roon. I am getting playback although the player on two albums I’ve tested so far has skipped the first track; second and subsequent tracks are playing.

Update 2: Player is now skipping tracks again.

I’ve tried everything I know to do, is there any chance of getting diagnostics on the problem?

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

If you play through System Output of a remote rather than the Mytek does the same behavior occur?

Went to another room and tested a Bluesound Flex, which is working.

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

Since this is limited to the Mytek, can you confirm the firmware is up to date? Have you tried a different USB cable?

What is the exact error you receive in Roon?

I did check the firmware and it is up to date. Haven’t tried a different cable, this one is high quality. I think I have another cable to try. I don’t receive an error message. The player tries to start, then skips to other tracks.

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

Definitely give another cable a go. If you still see no change, please share a screenshot of Device Setup for this device. Is DSP enabled?

I have tried another cable, same issue. There was in fact a Mytek update but that also did not solve the issue. DSP is enabled.

Wonder if I should factory reset the Zen and restore backup.

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information. First, can you try disabling DSP and see if that yields any changes?

If that doesn’t change anything, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi,
I did do a reset of the Zen Mini and reinstalled Roon Core. Using just Tidal albums this evening, the player is working. Tomorrow I will reinstall my library and see how that goes. Fingers crossed. Very appreciative of your assistance, will let you know tomorrow if the issue is resolved.

1 Like

Hi again Dylan,
I am restoring the library and the player is working :slight_smile: with the Innuos/Mytek system as a stand alone. However…the problem arises when I try to group this system (Innuos/Mytek) with two other surround systems that stream using the Node 2. When I group these systems, the track skipping starts.

I am perplexed from the standpoint that these three systems (Innuos/Liberty and the two nodes) have been grouped for quite some time but just started this issue.

Also, I did not have DSP on.

Still cannot group with the other systems.

Hi @Sharon_Persich,

Just to verify here, the Node 2 is also playing fine on it’s own when it’s not grouped?

How is the Node 2 connected to the network?

Yes, both Node-based systems play without an issue, individually and grouped. So I just tried something: I added the Zen/Liberty to the Node group and now everything is working. Well, I’m at a loss. If it happens again down the road, should I get the time of occurrence and add to this string for diagnostics? Thanks.