Roon not able to locate Devialet core amplifier after download

@Support. Having just purchased Room, I can not get it to tie up with my devialet pro 220 amp, which was ungraded at the turn of the year and had the latest devialet download installed earlier this month.

Similarly, the Roon app can’t find the amp. Both the mac on which I downloaded the Roon application and the amp are on the same wifi network ( ISP British Telelcom), and the amp does work with devialet remote app on my iPhone. In addition the Air display also has the wifi icon alongside it.

I don’t really want to use the mac as the core, as I would prefer to use Roon on all the music devices I have going through the amp.

The amp and the mac are connected via the USB port, but this makes no difference as to whether this is connected or not in searching for the core.

What are the solutions to this?

Hey @Graham_Lovell — Thanks for reaching out!

Just to clarify and make sure we are on the same page —Your Mac core is not able to see the Devialet as an available endpoint in Settings > Audio, correct?

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you tried a different USB cable? Are you able to see the device connected to the Core outside of Roon?

Have you tried power cycling the Core machine and endpoint?

Can you confirm whether or not you have any active firewall or antivirus on the Core machine? If so, does disabling them yield any changes?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, Many thanks for your note. To clarify, I have not made by mac into a core, as I am expecting this = function to be undertaken by the Devialet. Having downloaded Roon, and = set it up in applications, upon opening it comes up with a screen with = the option to create a core on the mac or to search for other cores.=20 I am clicking on the option searching for other cores expecting the = Devialet to appear, but it is not, hence the question, why not and how = do I get it to appear. Re the USB connection, I am currently able to both download music from = the mac, which I use as my library encompassed within iTunes, and also = upload music from the Devialet amp from the Lp=E2=80=99s that I am = digitalising using vinyl studio version 9.0.3. The Operating software on the mac is the very latest version 10.13.5 Not familiar with the term power cycling, but I have tried turning the = power of the amp off and the mac and rebooting, but this had made no = difference. I am not aware of any firewall on the Devialet.=20 The wifi network provider is British Telecom. Both the mac and amp are = connected to the wifi, as evidenced by the connection between the amp = and the remote app on my iphone. The mac has access to email and safari. Look forward to your thoughts on this. Graham Lovell

Hey @Graham_Lovell — Thank you for the info!

I recommend you check out this article about Roon Core. The Mac will be the Core machine where your database is stored. The Devialet will be an audio zone that you can play to from the Core machine.

Once you set up the Mac as your Core you can find the Devialet by going to Settings > Audio. From here you can enable the device and choose it as an audio zone for playback.

I recommend checking out our New User Guide for additional details about getting started with Roon.

Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! Our support team is always happy to help.

Kind regards,
Dylan