Roon not allowing me to access library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I’m receiving the following message. Metadata Improver. Halted. Roon needs software update, but I don’t see anything to click on to perform a software update. Once again I can’t listen to music and there’s no way for direct contact to resolve my issue. I’m really starting to hate Roon.

Settings==>About ?

What about settings?

Go to Settings==>About to see if something needs an update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Go to settings and do what

What do I need to do to fix my problem?

C’mon. man. You’re not even trying.

Click on Settings in Roon menu.
Once there click on the About selection.
Does a device show up that needs an update?

BTW - I’m not Roon support, just another user.

Hello, this is frustrating

Anyone else?

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help. Nothing requires an update that I can see.

Reboot the server.

Try a reboot of everything as @ged_hickman1 suggests.

Thanks for helping! Rebooting my music sever corrected the problem. Thanks again.

1 Like

It still says searching for squeeze box? What does that mean? Does it mean I couldn’t play radio stations?

Can @support help the OP out?

Sounds as though you’ve turned on Squeezebox support in the Settings/Setup page by accident. If you don’t know what this is, then turn it off, and I expect the message will go away…

BTW, I’m also just another user.

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I can’t access my library, Roon says new software is required.

May well be this issue:

Try a core reboot.

EDIT: I’m assuming your software is up-to-date.

I have turned it off and let sit for a while. I have powered back on power light is on but unit is not warm to touch like in the past?

Hi @Richard_DeHonnry,

What are you exact symptoms you are experiencing? Are you unable to actually play music or is the Metadata Imrpover error message the only issue?