Roon not allowing Playback on Andriod 12 (Pixel 5a)

Roon Core Machine

Roon Docker on UNRaid 6.9.2
Roon Server Version 1.8 (build 918) stable 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
32GB Ram

Connected Audio Devices

Windows 10 PC (Working -WiFi
Windows 11 PC (Working) -Ethernet
Raspberry Pi X3 (working) -Ethernet
Google Pixel 5a 5G (Android 12) -No fully functional -WiFi

Description of Issue

Since updating to Android 12, Roon remote on Android will not be able to select it’s self as an audio zone. It will still function as a remote for either the raspberry pi end points, or for my personal PC. Prior to this, on Android 11, the phone was able to be an endpoint for playback.

Screen Shot of Roon on Mobile

I just realized I have the 4a, but I was able to select my local phone for playback using version 12 of Android.

I hadn’t tried that before on my phone as a local device so thank you.

Yours appears to be looking for a squeezebox instead of using itself locally.

3 horizontal lines → Settings → Audio → This Phone Pixel 5a (5G) (is my guess) enable it.

select it as the zone.

1 Like

I normally don’t use my Pixel 5 as an endpoint, but just tested and it does work. I agree with @MamaTried’s suggestion.

Good luck!

1 Like

So when I go to the settings - Audio, the phone its self doesn’t show up, and Roon automatically starts looking for squeezebox supported devices. When I disable squeezebox support this is what the Audio page in settings looks like

I am assuming you have logged out of Roon and rebooted the Phone recently?

Rebooting fixes a lot of odd issues.

I have tried logging in and out of Roon several times, and rebooted my phone a couple times. I have also restarted my WiFi AP to see if that was the issue.

Turns out my WiFi was the issues, as my AP somehow rebooted into Router Mode, and was attempting to Double route the connection to the Roon Core on my server. After resetting this to AP mode, everything is working as it should.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.