Roon Not Connecting

Windows 10 Dell Desktop XPS8700 computer

Hitron Model #CGNM-2250 Modem/router; Linksys Ethernet Switchbox SE4008; Linksys Ethernet Switchbox SE3008

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonore MicroRendu (USB & Ehternet) , Holo Audio Sprink Kitsune DAC (iS2; USB) , Audio GD HE9 preamp, headphone amp, Devialet Expert Pro 220 integrated amp; Roon Nucleus+ server; Voetexbox server; NAD M50.2 CD ripper/player/server

Description Of Issue

When I double click the Roon icon (Circle with vertical lines to right), the icon vertical lines keep moving but it does not find anything to connect to.

Hello @Greg_Johnson, are those switches managed? Have you tried temporarily disabling firewall and antivirus to see if that helps?

The Ethernet switches are not managed. Tried disabling the firewall, modem. Tried rebooting the Nucleus+ server several times. Roon is still not connecting (i.e. finding the core)

Hello @Greg_Johnson, if the Nucleus is the core, have you tried reinstalling on the windows 10 remote? Are other remotes having this issue?

My Home edition of Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop. I have reinstalled Windows. With respect to my home ethernet network, I have unplugged my modem/router, unplugged my Vortexbox server, Roon Nucleus+ server, microrendu, NAD M50.2 HoloAudio Kitsune DAC and replugged them in and booted them up. I trouble shot my network connections & network adpater. Roon software is still unable to connect with my Roon Nucleus + server. This is frustrating. Do you have any other ideas to solve this problem?

I tried re-installing the Roon software on my Dell XPS-8700 desktop computer to try to solve the problem but it did not help. An IT guy helping me suggested that I uninstall Roon software first. However when we attempt to uninstall Roon it gives us two boxes to check off. One uninstalls Roon applications. The other box uninstalls settings & databases. Can you advise me as to which boxes to check off?

By the way, I am having the same problem of Roon not connecting to my core Roon Nucleus+ server when I try to use the Roon app on may Apple iPhone 7.

Hello @Greg_Johnson, I responded to your PM! Let me know if that helps.

Roon is still not connecting after I uninstalled and re-installed Roon. From the Roon community I can see that I am not the only one having this problem. I need help.

Hello @Greg_Johnson, what happens when you try to reach the Web Administration Interface? Can you send me a screenshot of what you see?

I am sorry but I am not sure what you are asking for or where to look for it. Can you give me some directions?

I did figure out what you were asking for but I am having trouble adding the screen shots because for some reason the are not jpgs & therefore can’t be attached to this message .I will describe the screen shots. When I click on the Roon icon a screen comes up to connect to the Roon Core but when I try to do so the round circle keeps moving but nothing happens.

Add images

Add images

Hello @Greg_Johnson, and thanks for trying to get those images over to me. Are you saying you can’t copy and paste them into your response here? Can you add them to a google drive or dropbox and send me a link? Also, I think my last post got marked as a solution accidentally, so I removed it.

Add images

Sorry I don’t know how to add the images to a google drive or dropbox or to this reply.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Greg_Johnson, you should be able to drag and drop them here. Please let me know when you get a chance to do this.