Roon Not detecting Local Dacs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.8 (Build 778)
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB|
|Edition|Windows 10 Home|

|Version|20H2|
|Installed on|‎2021-‎03-‎23|
|OS build|19042.867|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0|

Hi,

I am a new Roon user and it has been an awful experience till now.
Since installing the trial I have been experiencing the issue where Roon is not detecting my local USB DACs regardless of the brands.
I have tried troubleshooting the problem myself i.e

• Adding exceptions to my firewall
  • Disabling my AV completely
  • Reinstalling Dac drivers
  • playing with windows usb power settings in power plan
    But no avail.

It has been a constant struggle to get the software to detect the dacs. This usually requires several pc restarts, running as admin and just luck.
On the times it detects the dacs, everything works as it should for a certain time, then audio starts to stutter - it is as if it is dropping packets.
i.e Play a track->MQA/Flac stream identified by dac->music playing->stutter/brief interruption->Dac indicates type of file played->music resumes
This cycle continues forever. If I close and reopen Roon at this point, the dacs aren’t detected.

Logs are here: Logs

Please help.
I am considering to stop my subscription due to this :frowning:

Hi @Ryan_S and a very belated welcome to our community :wave:

I am incredibly sorry for how long it took us to reply - this is not what reply times normally are, nor what we had hoped. Please, accept my apology :pleading_face:

What you’re describing isn’t the experience we’d want you to have. I was wondering if you could please help us with more details about your devices and network, that is, if this is still an issue. Also, could you please share a screenshot of Settings → Audio?

Thanks in advance :pray: