Roon not discovering Bluesound speakers

I’ve just had a Vault2 drop off the Roon list. It still appeared and was operational from within the BluOS app, but it required a power cycle of the Vault to get it back on the Roon list (an initial reboot of the Roon Core did not remedy the issue).

I had a wired powernode2 and a pulse mini drop; only way to get them back was powercycle of the two devices. Only happened once since 1.3 has been out. At the time input it down to network weirdos.

Interesting point was that those very same endpoints were there in the bluesound app, just not roon. I could even stream Spotify to them. It was only roon that could not see them. If it happens again I’ll note the time and submit my logs.

Logs would really help roon, no doubt.

I’ve had my powernode2 and pulsemini disappear without reason (still visible in BluOS and not grouped), and a power cycle didn’t help (nor did closing apps, closing core, rebooting CPU, or cycling the wifi/router/modem and the bluesound devices again!).

Th only thing that helped was going to work for the day and returning home… and I’d rather that not be required daily!

@support my Powernode 2 (hardwired) also went missing as a zone. I could still play music through BluOs.

Visa versa roon was also not visible anymore from within the BluOs app.
A restart of the server (on Linux) and remotes did not solve it.

Only restarting the powernode 2 solved it. As there’s no on off switch this is not something we should be doing I think…

Can you please look into this.

Hey @stevev1 @Afullmark @Adam_B @paul_kraft @Stephen_Rice @Scott_Fletcher and my old buddy @Paul_Williams – we will look into this and see if we can reproduce in house. If we can, we should be able to either resolve it on our end or pass on to Bluesound.

That said, I would be interested to know what Bluesound support has said about this issue, since it’s resolved by restarting their hardware, as opposed to restarting your Roon Core. If you haven’t spoken with Bluesound, I would recommend you touch base with them.

If you see this issue again, please confirm that what I said above is true :slight_smile: meaning, restarting your Roon Core does not resolve the issue.

It might also be helpful to see logs from Roon when this issue is occurring. If you see this again, please zip up the entire Logs folder from your Roon database, and PM a Dropbox link (or similar) to @support. Make sure to let us know when the issue occurred.

Thanks all!

I have a Flex and it too drops while playing music.

If I wait it will return, but then there are issues playing to it - looks like it is playing, but no sound.

I will try to reproduce and have some clean logs.

Thx…

HI Mike,
Do you wish to see the logs from before, or after, we reboot the Bluesound product (or does it even matter).

Hello All,

I’ve talked to the folks at Lenbrook and we will start to flag someone from their team to tighten and close up the loops here… I’ve tagged @Andrew_Haines and he will work with us to explore issues in this forum.

Ideally, you would zip up the entire logs folder, and send us time stamps for when the failure occurred, and when the reboot (or either device) resolved the issue (or didn’t resolve the issue).

Hi Folks, the bug for player discovery that was in Roon 1.3 has been cleaned up by Brian and we have added it to our RAAT package. It will be in the next BluOS maintenance update and will solve the issue. We will get it into a QA build likely tmo or Monday for testing. Andrew

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,

@Andrew_Haines @brian @mike

Any news on the ‘conversion to 48K’ issue affecting Bluesound speakers (but not, intriguingly, Node or Power Node)?

I’ve bought Bluesound kit (node 2, pulse soundbar, pulse mini, 2 pulse flex), think that they are a worthwhile improvement on the Sonos kit I had and am patiently hoping that this gets fixed - but I know (from comments made by others) that some Roon users are holding off purchase because of this issue.

Sigh. I’m reluctant to purchase Bluesound products while integration with Roon is so suspect. Please advise when this, the MQA problem and others are resolved.

Hi Andrew. According to TonyW (from BlueSound) the fix hasn’t been shipped with the 2.10.6 Bluos update. Could you comment on the status of this issue? Thank you.

Surprised on that one so checked with the developers and they checked it into the next main release, working on it being added to a maintenance schedule now.

Great to hear that. I must admit that I haven’t experienced the issue since 2.10.6.
Thanks for your feedback.

Good to hear, Bluesound is definitely top of my list for kitchen and bedroom upgrades but this sample rate issue is what’s holding me from pressing the trigger.

.sjb

1 Like

I’ve bought a Pulse Mini for my kitchen (hard wired through ethernet), and it’s really amazing. Even when my source get’s up- or down sampled to 48kHz. :wink: I’m confident though this issue will be resolved…

@Andrew_Haines What about the Roon-Bluesound MQA fix? Is that coming soon?

Thanks for the question, I wrote a few weeks ago and Brian updated that there is code required in RAAT to adapt to, which is planned for their next release.

@Andrew_Haines Any news in the ‘convert everything to 48KHz’ issue that affects some (but not all) Bluesound products?

1 Like