Roon not displaying all files in music folder

I’ve just started using Roon again on my Windows 10 and created a new data storage folder labeled “24 bit” which Roon recognized. Some of the music folders in this master folder are compilations of various files from some of my different stored cds (all upsampled to compare different pggb upsampled settings). For a few of these folders Roon is leaving out many files. What would cause Roon to not show these files ? Since a number of files are duplicated with just different upsampled settings should the file itself have a different name applied ?

In settings make sure you check show hidden files.
Roon can treat duplicates by hiding them.

yes I’ve already got that option turned to yes

how can I upload pix to show my screens for these files ?

Use the windows Snip Tool , easy .

Snip then paste into message on forum

have you checked the Versions tab?

here is picture of the compilation music folder tracks (only 10 tracks showing up after Roon storage does scan
and what follows are pics of what actual folder and internal files should be

Here is picture of my the music folder highlighted from my stored drive and what follows is the folder opened showing all the files that should be read by Roon

These are the files which should copy over but only 10 of them are showing in Roon in this folder…no idea what factor is the missing files from showing

Strictly speaking, your statement is incorrect. Roon isn’t showing the “the compilation music folder”, it’s showing a subset of those files that it appears to have grouped together and displayed as an unknown album. Are you sure that the missing tracks aren’t being categorised as a different unknown album (or maybe even a bunch of albums)?

If not, check Settings → Library → Skipped files to see if any of them appear there.

Roon is based around the concept of albums and really doesn’t play nicely with random collections of tracks, so there way well be some other explanation other than the two I’ve suggested, but I think both are worth checking out.

2 Likes

thanks for your help and note I don’t find these files in skipped but wonder if I assign an artist name to the folder would that help because it’s labled “unkown”

It’s worth a try. Failing that, you could try altering the metadata. Did you find any of the files in any different unknown albums?

as an experiment I created a new storage path to just this folder and Roon does show the content at 37 files which is good but still only showing the same ten files when I open it in albums…I’m going to try relabeling the folder with an artists name and see what happens and note I checked the missing files description and see them to be same as in other files of same music but slightly different upsampled setting but these show up…

results same…same exact files are missing…very complicated to do a simple folder recognition

They aren’t an album and they are wav files, bad combination for roon.
Did you rip the files with the same metadata fields?

all the different song files were originally ripped in their own album form via db in wav and then I picked a number of different files from several different cds and placed in a folder and upsampled that folder via pggb software…

Urmmm I think you need roon support to look at them or to post the netadata details for them.

I’m so new to this I don’t even know how to get an actual Roon support person to review this

Hey @Mark_Finestone,

I first want to apologize for the delayed response and for your long wait here. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual, while other threads fell between the cracks altogether.

I’m sorry to hear that you all were having issues with importing files into Roon. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

If you are still running into this issue, can you create a new watched folder, and disable the other watched folders in your library. Then copy the album in question to the new watched folder and let me know if it imports – this will let us know whether something is going on with the current path or the watched folder, or if it’s something specific to your setup and the files.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.