ROON not finding all the contents of my music storage

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Toshiba Satellite Pro; WD passport 2TB hard drive connected.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
WiFi Network connection
WiFi from Laptop to LSX loudspeakers.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX active mini-monitors.

Description Of Issue
The issue is that I have around 2,000 albums on my Passport external hard drive and Roon only ‘sees’ about half of these. All the files are correctly organised and they all have similar word lengths. They were easily and immediately read when I used JRiver.

I swapped to Roon because your interface is just great and it appears very flexible and intuitive, although I have only really just started using it. If only it would read all my files, I would be very happy.

Please help.
John

Could you post some specific examples

A couple of thoughts

Are missing a folder in Settings> Storage
Are missing albums different versions of other albums , they would show under the versions tab
Any funny characters in file names, accents etc

Hello @john_hiscocks,

What kind of file formats are the files that are not showing up in Roon?
Are they one of the Roon supported file types?

Mike,
the problem is where the file has a main file, say John Lennon and below this is are sub-files with each of his records. Virtually all of these (340 main files with hundreds of sub files (there are NO sub-sub files) ) are skipped over and only those files which only have 1 record in them are read.

Please help. Also, ROON has just started crashing on start-up…

John

By file I assume you mean folder, which OS are you using

Have you tried sub dividing the big folder into album sub folders , do maybe John Lennon as a test. I realize it may be a lot of work

It’s a format that Roon will recognise

Ps maybe post some screenshots to give more idea of the issue

Hi @john_hiscocks,

Can you please share some screenshots of the affected albums, what file types are the affected files?

How is Roon crashing, can you provide more details?
Are there any error messages that appear when this occurs?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.