Roon not finding Bryston BDP-2 on ethernet network

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Mojave, Version 10.14.4, MacBook Pro 2016, 2.9Ghz, 16GB, Roon Version 1.6 (build 416)
Ethernet network has both Mac and Bryston BDP-2

I just got Roon and doing initial installation. Roon is not finding my Bryston BDP-2

Make sure the Playback Method selector is set for Roon Ready and not the default MPD.

This is in the BDP Dashboard. Look to the lower left-hand side.

I have discovered that on the Mac under Locations: Network, there is an entry to connect the Mac to the bryston-bdp-2. It is not connected. This is likely the cause of the problem. But I’ve had this Bryston a few years and never used it from the Mac. It is asking for the password, but the ones I have tried have not worked. I hope and expect once I resolve this, things will work. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi @David_Jordan,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? You can use these instructions to upload screenshots to this Community website. I have not seen Roon asking for a password when connecting to DACs before so if you can share a picture of that as well it would be appreciated.

Generally what you want to do here is enable the device first in the Audio tab and then select it from the Zone picker. You can find more information on Zones here. I would also make sure that you have added both Roon and RAATServers as exceptions to your OSX firewall and you can use these instructions from Apple to do so.

Thanks,
Noris

try bryston for both password fields (user name & password)
Second Bryston photo is the Services screen to set Roon Ready and turn off MPD as Krutsch explained

Is the BDP-2 enabled in Roon? Settings > Audio > Enable

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.