Roon not finding Core since broadband issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC
Can’t find build number but resinstalled 24/12/20
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Plusnet Modem Router connected to PC by Ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Out put to Bluesound Powernode and Pulseflex using Wifi

Description Of Issue

Broadband was down for about an hour on Christmas Eve. Since then attempts to load on PC gives Roon opening screen with quote which then immediately disappears and Roon doesn’t load. Using apps on Androaid phone and iPad bothe fail to find core. I can play music stored on PC on Bluesound using the Bluesound controller

Sorry for the trouble here, @Mike_Heseltine!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Hope I’v done this correctly.
Link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/017d6j4t5i00wlc/noguru48%40gmail.com.zip?dl=0

Mike

Hi Dylan,
Could you let me know if the log link I sent is Ok and of any use or do I need to try again?

Mike

Is this ticket going any where or shall I just start again?

Apologies for the delay from the holidays, @Mike_Heseltine.

I reviewed the logs with the team and we are hoping you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app only (don’t remove database and settings) and let us know if that helps. Thanks!

Had already tried reinstalling before Christmas. Just repeated and exactly the same as before.

Any more suggestions?

I am very disappointed with the level of support on this. You have made one suggestion,which didn’t work and then ignored further request for help.

I am not from Roon support but offering some advice to help.

What are you using as a remote that won’t find the core? Android or iOs device or another computer? If this happend after a broadband outage sounds like it could be network related. Have you restarted your network gear since this happened and restarted the core machine and BluOs devices? Something may have got messed up here as a result. First thing I would do in this situation is power cycle everything.

Can you check that all devices are receiving network ip address from the router via DHCP and all are on the same network setup. The IP address should have the first 3 numbers be the same e.g. 192.168.1.

Thanks for helpful suggestions. It affects PC, Android and iOS. I could get Android and iOS by resetting all details in app but almost immediately disappeared again. I also suspect an IP address problem but not something support has picked up on.

Not sure how I would do what is suggested in your last paragraph?

Check in the network settings for the BluOs devices and windows systems.

The iOS app, Fing, will show your connected devices and their IP addresses.

Thanks have run that. “The IP address should have the first 3 numbers be the same e.g. 192.168.1”
What I am seeing is:
Router 10.0.0.254
Desktop (Core device) 10.0.0.119
ipad 10.0.0.5
Powernode 10.0.0.83
Pulseflex 10.0.0.16
Incidntally the Powernode and Pulseflex play fine using Bluos Controller

Ok they are all on the same subnet of the network so it rules that out.

Check your firewall settings on the windows pc running the core is allowing Roon.exe and RAATServer exe through. You could just temporarily turn it off to see if it helps. Did you do a restart of your router yet?

Has been restarted several times since issue developed.

Firewall si set to allow Roon.exe and raatserver.exe

Are there any settings that relate to multicast or igmp in your Routers setup webui?