Roon not finding Core since broadband issue

Thanks to members of the community for their help. Still no progress.

I can’t see anything relating to these.

So let me try and get this straight as reading back through your opening post to see if I can get a better understanding or have missed something. Is it just the remotes that won’t load or are you saying Roon on the core won’t load? Obviously if core is not running the remotes have nothing to connect to so will give an error. And prior to your broadband going down it all worked perfectly fine? If the core is running can you see use the UI on it to see the Bluesounds.

If the core wont run then perhaps your dB or something else might have got corrupted. Have you been making regular backups of it anywhere? As I suggest you do a complete full uninstall removing all the data files as well if you did not choose this option when you did it previously as it will give that as an option when uninstalling, normally it will leave them in place if not chosen. Then see if it starts up and you can then restore the databse from the last backup.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC
Can’t find build number

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Plusnet Hub1 Modem Router ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Powernode 1 anPulseflex

Description Of Issue

Broadband was down for about an hour on Christmas Eve. Since then attempts to load on PC gives Roon opening screen with quote which then immediately disappears and Roon doesn’t load. Using apps on Androaid phone and iPad bothe fail to find core. I can play music stored on PC on Bluesound using the Bluesound controller

Hi Simon,
Thanks for your offers of help. Wish I was getting the same from Roon Support. The Roon core won’t load and apps don’t find core. I expected to have some backups but computer isn’t finding them.

I’m not that experienced at reading logs but have compared logs from before problem and after. This is present in those post problem and looks a significant difference.
**11/29 17:23:11 Trace: [RAATServer] network reachability changed, refreshing discovery

Might confirm suspicion of problem with IP address.

@dylan @noris can we please try and help Mike here this thread has been completely missed by support.

What does one do to get Support Help. Stuck with a life membership which I can’t use and requests for help seem to be totally ignored.

Please accept our apologies for the delay here, @Mike_Heseltine. We are catching up from the holiday queue still, but we definitely want to get you taken care of here!

Can you try clearing the cache?

Thanks for getting back to me. Cut Cache to desktop. Relaunched Roon. No change other than a new cache was loaded.

Thanks, @Mike_Heseltine.

Looking at the diagnostics report I see an error related to some bad data being stored from one of your devices triggering Roon to crash.

Since the cache didn’t resolve it, let’s try refreshing RAATServer.

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Followed your instrucctions (hopefully correctly). Restarted app but doesn’t appear to have generated a new RAAT server folder.

@Mike_Heseltine I’ve followed up via PM.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.