Roon not functioning on NUC anymore

Hey
My ROCk suddenly stopped being recognized as Roon core. I plugged in monitor and I get “the system bios has detected unsiccessful POST attempts… possible causes etc”.

How do I fix this?

You will need to read the prompt.
You may just need to acknowledge it was in error. You may be asked to update the time.

Feel free to post an image of the error if you need a hand.

I’m not with support, but that is where I would start.

1 Like

See this help by Intel:

They suggest that this may happen when trying to boot with an attached external USB hard disk. If so, remove the USB-connected disk and try again to boot the NUC.

3 Likes

In case you still get unsuccessful POST after disconnecting USB drives:

What brand and model of boot SSD are you using?

Disconnect the boot SSD. If it no longer shows unsuccessful POST, your boot SSD is dead.

2 Likes

If your BIOS is set to “Boot First from USB” as it probably is from when you set up the NUC in the first place , if you put an external USB drive with music files when you reboot for whatever reason it will attempt to Boot from that USB Drive BUT with no OS on it.

May pay to go into the BIOS and make the M.2 drive the first Boot Option if you intend to use an external USB device.

Thanks for suggestions. No external usb drives. I have not changed anything. I am not good with internal parts/BIOS etc but I was able to get this ROCK to work for several months. Now I get this… I really need help here.

Attach a keyboard before booting, and at this prompt press ‘N’ to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings. Then see if that works. If not, you might have to press ‘Y’ instead and check what’s supposedly wrong in the BIOS Setup - post pictures

1 Like