Roon not importing first track of ripped CDs (ref#IG1PRP)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Performance

Description of Issue

Roon is not importing the first track of every CD I have ripped. It states that they are corrupt but I haven’t found one that doesn’t play just fine.

Roon Server Platform

Linux (NAS/SonicTransporter/Antipodes/Ubuntu/etc.)

Linux Server Type

Roon Server Specifications

Asustor FS6712X with Intel® Celeron™ CPU @ 2.00GHz and 16 Gb RAM

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos primarily

Home Network Details

The computer with Roon is connected to the LAN with a 1Gbps hardwired connection. The Roon Server is on a 10Gbps connection to the same switch.

Screenshot

https://api.typeform.com/responses/files/019a35762f809284b30e2d8e1a99fa1ed92fd8a35288e6ed59f7b2f8ed2b79df/SkippedFiles_638384439511564181.xlsx

What software did you rip your CDs with? Have you tried using software to edit the metadata of these files, to see if that makes a difference?

Anecdotally, I’ve seen several issues pop up here recently for Asustor users. I wonder if it’s a recent update.

I have just used the Windows Media Player and I haven’t tried editing the metadata yet. I’ll give that try later today. Thank you for the thought.

I strongly recommend using dBpowerAmp (or an alternative of you choosing) and stay clear of WMP.

Just to bear in mind, it’s the rip that Roon is saying is corrupt, not the CD. So the fact the CD plays doesn’t mean much.

Well… $@%*! I ripped some of the CDs with Asunder on my Linux machine and didn’t have one issue with Roon recognizing any song. It may be a good while before I go back and rip the 500+ CDs that I have already done. I should have known better.

Thank you for your advice everyone!

Thank you Bill

1 Like

dBPowerAmp has a batch transcode option, I’ve used it to transcode FLAC to FLAC to good effect on repairing “corrupt” rips.

Of course if the file is truly corrupt it won’t help.

Thanks Carl! I’ll try that. I don’t think that the files are truly corrupt as I’ve not found one that won’t play. But we will see. Definitely worth a shot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.