Roon not linking albums to artists after restore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock - 1.7.537

Description Of Issue

Shut down rock using the web interface, started it up and it had lost its configuration.

Restored this from a backup but now its not linking the albums to an artists.

For example if I search for Fear Inoculum I can go directly to the tool album but if I link to the artist from there it doesnt show any of the artists albums including fear inoculum.

Same thing if I search for other artists such as chemical brothers I get their bio but no albums yet I can go direct to their albums.

How do I recover these links?

Is there a way to find out why roon rock failed to load?

I have tried a clean up and a force rescan without luck.

Thankyou

EDIT: Im happy to blow away the db and let it rescan - just need to know how to do this with rock.

Hi Paul,

Support may want to look into why this happened to your ROCK. I can help you create a new database, but we’ll want to save the old database in case Support want logs.

1. Stop Roon Server using the Web Interface.
  2. Follow these instructions , starting at Method #2 to access ROCK network share.
  3. Rename RoonServer to RoonServer_old
  4. Exit and restart Roon Server in the Web Interface.
  5. Start Roon on your Remote device, select ROCK core and start your setup.

Be sure to keep RoonServer_old and your backups.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Would you restore a backup or just start afresh?

You can give restore a try. If the issues still remain, then repeat and try a fresh install.

Just remember to save the original database as RoonServer_old.

Cheers, Greg

Thankyou.

I have created a new instance, restarted and having issues where the room service is stopping and starting mid fresh import.

Not sure what’s happening or why it’s started after months of seamless operation.

Have checked the logs and there’s nothing that indicates why it had stopped.

edit - confirming it is continually restarting on import - the logs just end mid song import no error

Couple more tries/crash/reboots and I get the message

“there was an issue loading your database. Contact support”

Hi Paul,

I’m not sure what the problem might be.

I’ll tag @support and they will investigate with you further.

Cheers, Greg

Thankyou Greg,

I have reset everything and after one stall at the early part of the import it seems to be behaving.

Hi @paul_barber,

Sorry for the trouble here!

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a copy here, we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. We’ll walk you through the next steps after that so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

Thanks Dylan, will do tomorrow, I took a copy of the folder before wiping it all and starting again.

The logs seemed to be truncating every couple of crashes so not sure if the logs will contain the root cause or something else.

After a clean install of everything it seems to be running ok.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.