Roon not loading after upgrading to 1.6

Updated to 1.6. At first, everything seemed fine. Walked away from my computer and Roon had disappeared. Tried to re-load, I get the opening screen with the quote, a brief display of the “Connecting to Core” screen then nothing. Rebooted the MacBook, still same problem. I’m using the latest Mac OS.
@support

Hello @soyka0120,

Can you please try rebooting your Core and all networking gear as the first troubleshooting step? Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Argh, should have thought to reboot the Core! Everything seems to be working now. Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, problem has reappeared. Using both the iOS app on my phone as well as on my MacBook. All seemed to be well and then Roon disappeared from my MacBook (still works from the iOS app).

Shouldn’t think I have to keep rebooting.
@support

I’m reopening the topic since the original topic was marked as solved (which I thought it was) and perhaps new posts might not be read. I’ve upgraded to 1.6-- So far, the iOS remote seems to be working. However, on my MacBook, whenever I select something to play, the app closes and can’t be reopened. I can, however, reboot the Mac and the Core, everything comes back…that is until I go to click play something and then the app goes away.
@support

Hi @soyka0120,

I saw your post and was just about to reply :slight_smile: . What exactly is your Core and how is your Macbook connected to the network? Does this behavior happen for all types of content (both local and streaming) or just one and not the other?

Thanks,
Noris

Core is located on a Sonictransporter i7. MacBook is connected via wifi. clicked on both local and streaming, and Roon disappears. Oddly (I think) if I go to add a title say from Tidal to my library, no problem. Go to play it, the app self-destructs.

If it makes any difference, Internet radio continues to play. I’m not sure if that would the case with anything in my library as whenever I try to play something else, Roon goes kablooey (to use the technical term).

Thanks

Hi @soyka0120,

Thanks for letting me know. Can you please reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time in your country (ex. 3:58PM) that you observe the behavior? I’d like to enable diagnostics mode for your account and see what’s going on under the hood.

Thanks,
Noris

Rebooted, expected to encounter the same problem (as I did before) but for time being it was (notice “was”) working. Played around with different selections, stream and downloaded/ripped, no problem. One thing I would say is noticeable that it’s taking longer than it did in the previous version to load my library on initial startup.

At 4:23 I did get this message “Error loading page. Please check your network connection. Reload page.” But music is playing. No interruption. Clicked “reload page” and it still plays.

At 4:25 I clicked on an Internet Radio station, app closed.

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps @soyka0120. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

I kindly ask you to leave your Core and Roon Remotes powered on with Roon active and will confirm once diagnostics are received. If the Roon app is closed on your iOS or Macbook please open it for a few minutes to ensure that this info reaches our servers.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @soyka0120,

Just wanted to check in here with you and let you know that diagnostics for you Macbook have still not been received by our servers. Can I please ask you to manually send them to us using these instructions when possible? If you don’t have Dropbox or Google Drive just let me know and I can provide an alternate upload method.

Thanks,
Noris

Here you go:

Thanks

Hi @soyka0120,

Thanks for submitting those logs to us. I believe I have found the issue related to the radio station and have submitted a ticket to our QA team to investigate.

The issue here is that the radio station tried playing contains brackets “[ROCK]”. I would try to rename this station to something without brackets for the time being and I will be sure to let you know once I have any new updates to share regarding this ticket.

Can you please provide the streaming link to this station?
WTJU 'Ye Olde Tuesday Afternoon Rocke Show' [Rock]

Other than the radio station causing Roon to crash is everything still working as expected?

Thanks,
Noris

It’s not just this particular show, as there are a variety of shows/genres which presumably are contained in brackets. Here’s a link to the station.

I’ve had this station since I first got Roon, this is the first time it has presented a problem.

And where exactly do you see anything in brackets.

Hello @soyka0120,

Thanks for letting me know that link. I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

– Noris

Hello @soyka0120,

We have just released Roon v1.6 build 401 which addresses this internet radio issue:

Roon 1.6 (Build 401) Is Live! Software Release Notes

Hi everyone! A new maintenance release is now rolling out for all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and updated designs for some of the UI changes in Roon 1.6. Today’s release includes a number of refinements for the footer and the Now Playing screen. We’ve heard a lot of great feedback on the changes in Roon 1.6, and we think the changes made over the last few weeks are big improvement. We hope you agree and we’re looking forward to hearing from everyone! We’ve added the m…

Please give the update a try and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Noris

So far, so good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.