Roon not loading database, help please

@support
Hi all,
fairly new to Roon, i did the latest update recently, i was happily playing music when it suddenly stopped, all my music had been removed from the library only the tidal was there, now today Roon is telling me it cant load my database, totally locked out
i am running a macbook with OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2 into a SOtM SMS-200

i just shut down the computer and can now log into Roon but i still cannot bring my music back into Roon, i have it on a USB device plugged into the SMS-200, can anyone tell me how to get it back, thanks

Hi @Murray_Ogden ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. Can you please provide me a screenshot of your your “storage” tab found under settings? Are you seeing any error messages?

-Eric

HI - I have a problem in that i have >800 discs loaded on a vortex box running nova software. Occasionally the connection from my iPad to the vortex box doesn’t work but i just reboot things and all is fine. It was working brilliantly using a digital output into my Naim Uniti2. But now i have lost most of my files from the roon server on my iPad and they have been replaced with a bundle of tidal albums some of which i have loaded but most of which i haven’t. How can i refresh the roon database please?
Best wishes
Neil

Hi Eric, thanks for the response, there is no error messages in the storage tab, it seems i just can find the path to my music through the SOtM SMS-200, where as with the previous version it was really straight forward
murray

1 Like

Hi @Murray_Ogden ---- Thank you for following up with me! Just to confirm you were able to locate the correct path to your music via the SMS-200, correct?

-Eric

HI @Neil_Marlow ----- Thank you for for chiming in here and sharing your feedback with me. Can you verify the following for me.

If you were to navigate to an album in Roon that you know is apart of your music collection stored on the Vortex box, but appears to have been replaced by TIDAL content, do you see a button that says “other version” there?

-Eric

Hi Eric, no not yet, i cant find the path
murray

Hi Eric
Sorted - it was that the music folders in settings were switched off when the new upgrade was loaded. All back to normal now that is switched on. Thanks for your help.
Best Neil

1 Like

Hi @Murray_Ogden ---- Touching base with you here to see if any progress or new observations have been made. Please flag support down (@support) if you are in need of further assistance, thanks!

-Eric

Hi Eric,
i haven’t had much time to try anything lately but im still in the same position, cant find the path to my stored music
murray

A post was split to a new topic: Database error on new Win10 install

Hi @Murray_Ogden ----- Thank you for following up with me, the feedback is appreciated.

In the interest of getting this resolved for you, may I kindly ask you to please provide me a screen shot of your “storage” tab found under settings, I’d like to get an idea of what your storage path looks like. With 1.3 you should be able to navigate directly to your content.

Furthermore, can you verify for me if you are able to access the content outside of Roon using finder?

-Eric

thanks Eric,
i will look at it tonight and add a screen shot
thanks

Hi Eric, here are the screen shots
so yes i can locate my music via finder, its the Shared folder but i cant get there in Roon

this is where i get to

i have a feeling the Macintosh HD is an issue, it wasnt there before the update??

also the link to update my membership seems to be broken when i click on it through Roon

Is this still how you have things set up @Murray_Ogden?

I think you’re going to want to have the hard drive plugged into the device running your Core (meaning, the Macbook) as opposed to your audio device. All audio in Roon is processed in your Core, so having the storage device attached to the audio device is going to be an inefficient way to have this all set up.

Hi Mike, ill give it a try that way
still not sure why it was working fine as is before the update