Roon not loading on Core

Roon Core Machine

Lenovo ideapad s-145 16gb ram 1tb SSD. Windows 10 home V 21H1 os. Uild 19043.1466
AMD A6-9225 Radeon r4, 2.5GH 64 bit

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon router Ethernet>ProJect stream box S2>Laptop Core>iPad

Connected Audio Devices

Project Ultra stream box S2>core. iPad Pro

Number of Tracks in Library

Estimated 40000

Description of Issue

Roon logo spins endlessly without loading. Prior asked for login, would load couldn’t find Project Streamer. Then after wouldn’t load after rebooting all related devices.
Ran fine all day Friday until evening, then problems started.

If I use the ProJect iPad app the music playback works flawlessly including QOBUZ and local library. This is how I wait out the usual Roon issues.
I

Any ideas on what could have caused this?

Hey @Jeffrey_Simpson – I requested logs from your machine but it doesn’t look like it’s online, can you boot it up? If you leave it up for a few minutes that should send the logs over to us.

I suspect that your machine isn’t quite powerful enough for a 40k track library, but I’ll wait on logs to confirm!

Hi Kevin,

I just stared the computer and it’s trying to load roon now. Earlier in the day it wouldn’t load but yesterday it did but no audio zones were shown.

Kevin,
Did a yet another reboot and still at opening screen the “working’ symbol. Very frustrating!!! I don’t have 40k songs yet, just 16k. Due to Roon’s constant reliability problems I haven’t introduced my full library onto the platform. With all of the database issues I didn’t want more problems to repair. Qobuz and my Project stream box continue to operate flawlessly!

How long should I wait for help from support? Right after I heard from Kevin I turned on my PC since you were wanting to access my logs? Program loads but there are no audio zones or devices shown and my approved Roon Streaming device functions as it should.

Apparently I was not very nice in my replies and let my frustration come through and I apologize for being coarse.
I read through the guidelines, recent posts and have been trying to learn the processes so I can, along with some assistance, find my way through.

Hey Jeffrey, apologies for the delay getting back to you! Let’s have you try creating a backup and doing a fresh install. Here’s how you can do that:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Launch Roon & verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Let me know how that goes!

Hi Kevin,
Thanks so much for the reply! I will try the steps you outlined and report back.

Hi Kevin,
I followed your instructions to rename the folder and reinstalled a fresh copy and the program loaded and found my audio zone and Stream Box player. Success!!! I was not able to do a current backup before the reinstall but was able to backup when thee program did load.
Do I need to restore from back up or is there an additional step required?

Hi Kevin,

I followed the instructions and had success with Roon loading, recognizing my Project streamer and playing some files. I then tried a backup with the latest date and the program shows the loading icon but never loaded and did not function.

I repeated the process renaming the Roon folder Roon-old2 not wanting to overwrite the original Roon which confused things since it thought I was installing a second copy.

I started over with the install figuring the first backup was corrupted in some way. I restored from the next newest backup and now the loading symbol is going but not,loading. Not sure how long to wait? Perhaps another backup and restore is in order to find one that is not corrupted.

Does each backup require a full install?

Thanks, Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.