Roon not loading on new laptop [Resolved - Was not signed into Tidal]

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core is an Antipodes D3 Music Server running software version 2.7 (Roon Ready device).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Running wired connection to Roon Core (Antipodes D3 Music Server)
Wifi via TP-Link Archer VR1600v router

Connected Audio Devices

USB connection to stereo system (Kyron Audio Kronos)
Wifi connection to laptop (Surface Pro 3) and iPhone (iPhone 8)

Library Size

Unsure of exact library size. Roon Core has 4Tb SSD storage

Description of Issue

Attempting to load Roon to my new Surface pro 7 (running Windows 10, 16Gb RAM, Intel i7 chipset 10.5GHz).
Received error message; “There was an issue loading your database”

Everything was running fine earlier this morning via my older Surface Pro 3 and iPhone. Now get same error on all devices, so cant use Roon at all…

Hey @Gerard_Flanagan

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question! We can definitely help.

Before I offer recommendations here I have a couple quick questions. Are you attempting to use the new Surface Pro as a Roon Remote or were you wanting to migrate your Core to this machine?

Can you please upload a screenshot of this error message? That will help us with next steps.

Hi Jamie, the Surface Pro 7 is just being used as a Roon remote (as was my old Surface and my iPhone). The Core is a dedicated Antipodes Music Server. As per my later post the error has disappeared. However, now I seem to have a lot of tracks showing as “unavailable” in my playlists across all devices. I have posted a screen shot of the Roon:Settings:Storage page as requested by Dylan Caudill. Cheers, Gerard

Hi @Gerard_Flanagan

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Is this only happening on the Surface or are other remotes showing the same thing?

1 Like

Hi Dylan, it is showing up on all devices. I had thought that it may have been the Windows firewall om the new Surface Pro but same issue on iPhone and old Surface.
Screenshot of storage below.

Hi all, looks like a simple issue r.e. the missing “unavailable” tracks in my playlists.

It seems that when I loaded Roon remote onto the new laptop it kicked me off Tidal so I wasn’t logged in. Hence any tracks in playlists that weren’t in my own server were unavailable. All now fixed.

This is the first time that I have used the forum. Thanks for the replies. Great service.

Cheers, Gerard

1 Like