Roon not loading: "Unable to load your database" - [Solved by Reinstalling Roon]

Hello @support
not sure what’s happening, but I saw this message this morning when I tried to open roon: “There was an issue loading your database”. Else a blanc screen.
Please advise.

Roman

Do you have a backup of your db, have you tried restoring it?

Hi there, I’m actually not sure what database in this context means! I have one folder that I’m using in my Music folder (Windows 10). THe folder is still there and I can play it through JRiver for instance). I have uninstalled roon, restarted windows, and installed it again from a new download, still the same. I have used it since the trial regularly and always worked fine.

Hi @Roman_Zagros. I suggest waiting until @support wake up and can work through the problem with you.

1 Like

Hi, @Roman_Zagros, sorry to hear about your troubles. In simple words, Database is a folder in which Roon stores info about your Library, and the problem that you are having means the something is wrong with the files inside it and Roon cannot load it. Cases like you’re experiencing are extremely rare, but sometime it happens, unfortunately.

So, first of all, do you have any backups of your Database?

May I ask you to do the following:

1. Go to the folder which contains your Roon Database folder.

2. Since you’re on Windows it can be done in the following way:

• Open Windows Explorer
    • Click in the address area to the right of the text, to make it active like typing in a web browser, and type
      %localappdata%
  3. In this directory look for folder named Roon

4. Rename it to Roon_old

5. Reinstall Roon

6. Launch it again and add back all of your music and see if Roon works correctly

7. Restore your old backup (in case you have them)

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks v much Ivan, that worked indeed.

Hello @Roman_Zagros,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if the system is still performing as expected after the reinstall. If you have any Backups you can restore your library from those. Don’t hesitate to ask any other questions you may have!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi Noris,
Thank you for the follow up. Yes indeed. All good still :slight_smile:
Best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.