Roon not playing correctly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini late 2014 High Sierra / 2.6GHz Intel i5 Ram 16GB / Roon 1.8 build 753

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core is on Ethernet with Netgear switch / wifi AirPort Extreme

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon bridge on Allo Digione

Description Of Issue

Roon has started to skip the first or second track of random albums. This just started this morning. Trying to play the same album as yesterday but have encounter this behaviour. It skips the first track and the “not currently available” error shows. I’ve restarted the Core and I also disconnected and reconnected to Tidal. No changes to the network from yesterday. The tracks that are skipped plays fine from the Tidal app.

TEAM THIS SAME EXACT ISSUE IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

THIS STARTED TWO DAYS AGO. MY CONFIGURATION HAS NOT CHANGED BUT ROON WILL. NOT. JUST. PLAY. MY. MUSIC. It continually gives, ‘this track is not currently available,’. YES. IT IS. If I go to Tidal, it plays perfectly.

I have logged out and into Roon. I have cleared out AppData/Local/Roon/Cache. I have completely removed and re-added. This is happening regardless of device used. If I do logout and back into Tidal, the app ‘appears’ to work for a few tracks, then happens again.

You’ve probably heard this before but the problem you described is usually Network related even when everything else seems to be working fine.

I’ve even had this strange behaviour.

“track not available” is displayed but the track plays just fine. All this just started this morning. Everything was fine yesterday.

Core is Ethernet. Wifi is only used for remotes and end points. This is the same set up for over 2 years now. Just having such a hard time with it this morning!?

2 Likes