Roon not playing on my computer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 connected to the NETGEAR switch

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonore UltraRendu connected to the switch and Chord Qutest DAC is connected to ultrarendy via USB and Qutest connected to Amplifier (Atoll in300)

Description Of Issue

I’ve installed Roon on my computer (Win10), my iPad and my iPhone. I can use any of those as remotes (via Wifi) and it works perfectly.

I want to use those to listen to music as well when I’m in another rooms. I have a Chord Mojo that I plug into the Computer/iPad/iPhone.
On iPhone I can “play on iPhone” fine but on my computer I only see my UltraRendu/Dac and can’t play on my computer.
I have connected a Chord Mojo (along with its driver) via USB and seems to work as I can play music from local files. I just can’t see it in Roon

What do you see in Roon settings/audio? Is it enabled?

Hi Andy

I see my UltraRendu, that is why it works fine as Remote. But that’s all I see. I don’t see the computer itself or the Chord Mojo (powered on) attached to one of its USB Ports '(which I’ve tested as well)

Hi Olivier. This is what I see on my laptop…

The Core runs on another computer. The ‘device not found’ is an old usb audio interface that I sometimes use on the laptop. I think my use case here is similar to your use of the Mojo. You need to enable it.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Same for me, Core runs on another computer…

Just found this… solution was to set network profile as private rather than public.

Now I read it, I think I might have fallen over the problem myself a while back! If this is the problem, sorry I didn’t spot it sooner!

1 Like

Thank you Andy I think we might be on the right track… ESET is blocking RAATServer.exe. When I disable ESET it solves the issue. Let me find a way to whitelist the program somehow and I’ll let you and other members know how to do it with ESET.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.