Roon not playing

hello!

i installed Roon on a windows 10 x64 yesterday, on a home theatre pc box- basically a dual vore micro atx board with a dual core processor, an ssd for the operating system and program, external hdd for everything else.

When i click to play anything, the player skips over the track, almost like it tried to load, the file wasnt there, so it skipped to the next.

Does this regardless of the source, HDD or Tidal. Help Please!

My library is 18000 albums, 200000 tracks

edit *roon mistake

Adding @support so they get notified. and it’s Roon not Rune… :smile:

Hi @brian_burgess — Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

Moving forward, can please confirm that you do not have any active firewalls or antivirus applications running on the mentioned Win10 device. If there are, please disable these functions temporarily and confirm if the issue persists.

Furthermore, may I very kindly ask you to please provide an expanded description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

-Eric

Thanks @Eric; and @bearFNF. I hope this description helps!

So

The only thing i had going was windows defender which allowed access. Disabled that, restarted program, no dice. If I click on any song it just cycles through to the next without playing.

ell us about your setup when reporting an issue. If you’re already running Roon (or trying to run Roon and having an issue), be sure to let us know:

what version of Roon you are running (Settings > About; If you’re running Windows, please let us know whether you’re running 32bit or 64 bit)

Roon 1.3 Build 274, x64

What operating system you are running (Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc)

Windows 10 Pro

Basic information about the device you’re using (MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc).

It’s a built home theatre PC, MOBO AMD A6 6400K, 4 Gig Ram

Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type

Standard Hard Drive connected via sata and TIDAL

(USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below)
Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks)

My library is 18000 albums, 200000 tracks

That a6 cpu could be struggling looking at it compared to the say an i5-4series cpu.

Check the minimum specs recommended

Thanks @wizardofoz but I honestly doubt that is the issue considering the program does literally everything except for just play the music, also the same setup has no issue with Tidal, HD movies etc.

@support, anyone else who might be able to help? I still am having the same issue

Hi @brian_burgess ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions/provide the requested feedback. Very appreciated!

A few things moving forward.

1. “It’s a built home theatre PC, MOBO AMD A6 6400K, 4 Gig Ram”
  • I would like to point out that this behavior you are experiencing with the mentioned core machine is definitely not to be expected and you should be getting playback. However, I did want to mention that for a library containing 200k tracks with 4gig of RAM I would not be surprised if you experience some performance based issues in the future. While I understand that other functions of the computer are working, I can say that this device is “close to the edge” with a library that size.
  1. Can you please verify what endpoint (or endpoints) you are trying to playback to when you notice this behavior? Having these details would be very helpful in our investigation.

2. I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we can try to get a sense as to what is causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time your core machine comes online a diagnostics report will be automatically generated/uploaded to our servers which will contain a set of your Roon logs.

-Eric

Yea, I’m well aware my music drive causes some things to crash but that doesn’t seem to be quite the issue I’m running into right now

2) Can you please verify what endpoint (or endpoints) you are trying to playback to when you notice this behavior? Having these details would be very helpful in our investigation.

Can you define endpoint? If i click on any album, either that is sourced in my library it merely doesn’t play and skips to the next song. It reminds me of when itunes scans a song, then you delete it from your hardrive- it skips to the next song.

3)I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we can try to get a sense as to what is causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time your core machine comes online a diagnostics report will be automatically generated/uploaded to our servers which will contain a set of your Roon logs.

Ok i’ve logged on and tried to play a few albums so hopefully that should get you some reference points. I’ll try a few more

Are you using Realtek Drivers?

I believe I am- default drivers through windows into an Outlaw 975 Preamp

@Eric; I was tinkering with it and it just suddenly started working… perfectly.

Did you guys do something or we can just chock it up to something weird?