Roon not recognising Auralic Vega G2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Over the last week or so Roon does not recognise the G2 as “Roon Ready” for streaming after i wake it up. Airplay is fine.

I have to toggle Roon Ready off and on in the streamer set up section on the Auralic

Any suggestions?

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hello @sean_clayton1,

Have you spoken with AURALiC about this? Based on your description it would appear that Roon is operating normally and that the issue lies with the VEGA G2.

-John

I have, awaiting a reply.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac. Catalina 10.15.7 - Roon 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

modem/router from ISP - direct ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Vega G2

Description Of Issue

see 1st post

thanks
Sean

Here is the response from Auralic:

“Switch Roon Ready option on and off will reset any setting, which should fix the problem. If that does not help, I suggest you to reboot your Roon Core server or contact Roon customer support.”

hi,

Auralic suggest that toggling Roon ready on and off should fix the problem. If not, restart the Roon Core.

I have re-booted the Auralic and my Roon core (iMac) and still Roon is not recognising the Auralic as a roon ready streamer?

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks
SC

Hi @sean_clayton1,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab?

yep, here you go:

Hi @sean_clayton1,

Thanks for that screenshot!

This sounds like the Auralic sometimes shows up and sometimes does not, is that correct?

If this is the case, can you please let me know the exact local time of when it does show up as expected and when it does not on this thread?

Having these timestamps will be useful for logs, thanks!

hi Noris,

Problem being solved by Auralic. Heres a comment from Xuanqian

Thanks
Sean

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.