Roon Not Recognizing Any Of My Files On My External Hard Drive

Roon Core Machine

SGC SonicTransportwr i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi Mesh Wireless Router

Connected Audio Devices

SonicTransporter i5 (ethernet)->OpticalRendu->EtherRegen Network Switch (ethernet and Optical)-> iFi Pro iDSD DAC (usb)-> Tortuga Audio Passive Preamp->EVS 1200 Class D amp->Magnepan 3.7i speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

Around 120,000

Description of Issue

The immediate issue is that Roon is not recognizing and holding onto the contents of my USB hard drive connected to the SonicTransporter i5. This issue just started today. I recently had the SonicTransporter repaired by SGC.The USB module was replaced after getting fried from a power outage, and the module holding the operating system (sonic orbiter) was damaged and replaced. When I got it back, I inserted it into the system and everything worked great from 6/23/22 until today. For some strange reason, the contents of my hard drive have disappeared from Roon. I did check, and the physical files are still on the hard drive, but once Roon starts to load them, it gets to about 20,000 files and then stops. Even the 20,000 files it loaded are no longer available through Roon.

So I dont know if it’s a Roon issue, or yet another SonicTransported i5 issue, or a defective hard drive (maybe the directory is corrupted). I’m totally confused and lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob

Can you try another drive in the USB port and see if you experience similar behavior, maybe with a subset of your library just to see what Roon does with a new drive? It may be the port again on the SonicTransporter, or something else with Roon, but good to eliminate the variables one at a time.

2 Likes

Hey @Jacob_Ofman1,

Ben here with the support team, I wanted to check in on this issue. @Robert_F is steering you in the right direction with testing another port to start eliminating variables in your setup.

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.