Roon not recognizing core

I had a laptop failure that required reinstalling MacOS from backup. Now the Roon software does not see the Laptop as a core. Will not add music from NAS or Qobuz. All on same network. How can i reload a working Roon software?

Does disabling the firewall make a difference ? If so, you’ll need to whitelist Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe as well as any processes the NAS want to see network resources.

Hi @Rudy_Taylor,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? Did you restore from a Time Machine backup? Was Roon restored as a part of that backup or did you install it new?

As Andrew suggested above, definitely try disabling any active antivirus and firewall and see if that yields any change here.

Thanks for getting back. Since I only use the MacBook for Roon, I went ahead and wiped it clean and started fresh. It is now a fully functional “Roon Only” device.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.