Roon not recognizing USB connected audio output after recent Roon mobile app update to 1.7

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus 1.0 (build 186) stable / Roon v1.7 (build 555) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

HungryAudioz connected on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to Bakoon DAC-9730

Description Of Issue

After updating Roon mobile app to 1.7 recently, Roon no longer recognizes USB connected audio output device. Even when it does recognize, it gets disconnected within few seconds. I have repeatedly done all of the following below, but have still failed to fix this issue:

• Closing the Roon mobile app and restarting it
  • Restarting the phone
  • Deleting and re-downloading the app on the same device as well as other android phones and laptop
  • Restarting nucleus and audio devices
  • Unplugging and plugging back the USB cable
  • Accessing Roon nucleus server through IP address and reinstalling OS, restarting Roon Server Software, and rebooting it

When I plug the USB cable to my macbook air as core, the audio output shows up on the Roon mobile app, but when plugged to Nucleus, the audio output can never be found so I cannot configure it as a zone. I am not sure if it’s a problem with Roon or Nucleus. How can I fix this?

Hello @tae_yong_park, and welcome to the community! I’d like to understand more about the circumstances of the issue. If you attach another DAC to the Nucleus, does it maintain connection? If you’re running the Nucleus as the core and you connect the DAC to the Mac does it work? Please let me know!