Roon not responding after title screen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Strix Sound Card

After title screen, I get a blank white screen with Roon (Not Responding) at the top.
The program worked fine for a few weeks. This problem persists despite un-istalling and re-installing it.

Did w10 do any updates, specifically to graphics drivers, recently?

Probably, I got an update last Sunday, not sure what it contained but it’s screwed JRiver, it keeps crashing which is very rare for it

Try rolling back the windows update or go to the provider of your graphics device and install THEIR latest graphics driver. The white window has been a symptom of faulty built in Intel graphics drivers for other users.
One other thing you might try is to install the 32bit version of roon which often works when there are graphics issues.

1 Like

Hi @Keith_Monson,

As others have mentioned, I would try updating the graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s site and/or giving the 32-bit version of Roon a try. When you re-install the app it is also good practice to set the old database aside just in case there was a graphics setting that carried over between the reinstalls. To do you need to:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.