Roon not responding build 528

i5 Toshiba Portage 128gb ssd 8gd ram buiod 528 stable windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi google home 50mbps cable connection no issues

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi 3b with Khadas dac via USB

Description Of Issue

Since build 528 core running standard GUI build app says roon not responding. Remotes can access ok but end points lose connection periodically. Have reinstalled windows app and restarted all devices. App loads ok but stop responding after 20 secs

Hi @Paul_Butler,

What GPU does your device use? Can you try updating the graphics drivers and let us know if that helps?

Thanks - I will try that tonight. Interestingly i ran the windows app compatibility diagnostic and a revert to windows 8 settings seems to have brought more stability, which seems odd as windows 10 has not previously caused compatibility issues

Yep - diagnostic rollback lasted an hour. Graphics are intel HD 4000 - driver is up to date. Roon core loads, then becomes unresponsive and crashes losing core to all endpoints. Has been since build 528 update or latest win 10 update - happened at the same time. Any other ideas ? If this is a known graphics problem - would I be best to move to roon server ?

I should add all firewalls are off. All other apps and programs working fine. Windows 10 64 bit installed. Build 528 64 bit version installed

Hi @Paul_Butler,

One thing you might want to try is downloading the latest drivers from the Intel Download Center — Often times we’ve found that it is much more reliable than Windows driver updates.

Thanks - did that. Driver update seemed to be caught in and endless loop but - app responsive for now !

1 Like

As far as I can tell - fixed. Thanks Dylan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.