Roon not responding with my new subscription

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel Pentium CPU G2030@ 3.00GHz 2 cores 4 GB ram

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Comcast Router Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node 2i

Description Of Issue
I just purchased a new subscription. During set up when I get to Audio Devices page Roon does not respond.

I tried restarting and uninstall and reinstall but the issue happens every time.

Just to be clear you mean that the installation process Hangs at that page and you cannot continue? Or do you mean that there are no devices displayed to choose as an Audio Device?

Hi @Jeffrey_Mehr1,

As Daniel suggested, can you elaborate on the issue you’re seeing here? Does Roon freeze up when you’re getting to audio devices or is something else happening? Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Roon hangs at that page. I was using the 64 bit version. I installed the 32 bit version and it works.

1 Like

I couldn’t get past the audio devices page. On the address bar it said Roon not responding. And the page whited out and the cursor kept going in a circle. I was using the 64 bit version. I then installed the 32 bit version and now it works fine.

Hi @Jeffrey_Mehr1,

I’m glad the 32 bit version worked for you! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions!

ok. Thanks. I think Roon is fantastic!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.