Roon (Not Responding)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows Server 2012 R2/ /Roon Version 1.7 (build 555)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Server has realtick PCle CGE adapter/connected to 1G hub

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows 10 Desktop/1G Ethernet connection

Description Of Issue

Windows 10 Desktop roon app always states “Roon (Not Responding)”, even though I can control the audio output on my desktop from my Android phone. I have rebooted multiple times. I have removed, rebooted, readded app on to desktop, same story. This has happened before on the last update. This seems to happen every time there is an update.

Other devices connected to roon (which have no issues) include 5 Sonos boxes, 3 Squeezeboxes and a Ropieee DAC.

Hello @Brad_Sanders, you had mentioned this seeming to happen every time after an update. Did it go away on its own last time this happened? So we can troubleshoot this time, have you tried temporarily disabling your AV/firewall and seeing if you can get a response from Roon?

Was there ever a resolution to this? I have run into the same problem after my update to 1.8. I seem to recall having to delete some corrupted file the last time this happened in the prior version. Help.

Stanley_Anderson, I finally sourced the issue down to my network. I don’t know why exactly when Roon updated I had issues, but I believe it was coincidental with a Window update to my server. Time stamps indicated very close times the 2 occurred.

Yeah, I don’t think I have a network issue. It was working fine, then it stopped. And it was work both before the update and after. I’ll need to dig deeper. Frustrating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.