Roon not saving album covers

For the last four or five days Roon has not saved album cover art when I add an album to my library. I need to go to Album Editor and go through the “identify album” process each time. Any way to get this working?

Hi @Kenneth_Reinhard,

Where are you importing these albums from, are you ripping from a CD?
Can you please share a few screenshots with examples?

I’m saving these albums from Tidal and Qobuz. Here’s a screen shot to give you a sense. The Jordi Savall album’s cover is displayed because I used the “identify album” function after adding it to my library.

Hi @Kenneth_Reinhard,

Can you please try to go to Roon Settings -> Setup -> Clear Image Cache and let me know if that helps?

No, that didn’t work. By the way, when I click “add to library,” the little circle goes for a while, and then “add to library” remains, rather than switching to “focus on similar”; I need to click it again for it to register that it’s been added.

One other thing: I have an exclamation point warning that “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update,” but I appear to be using the latest version of software 1.7 (build 610).

Hi @Kenneth_Reinhard,

This message can sometimes indicate an improperly configured network.
Can you please provide some details regarding your network setup?

What is the model/manufacturer of your router?
What kind of Core are you using and how is it connected to the network?

I’m not sure why, but the problem has resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for the update here @Kenneth_Reinhard! If the issues return (hopefully they won’t), please just let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.