Roon not seeing AppleTV4k

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
RoonOS 1.0 (build 183) stable; Intel NUC, Roon Version 1.7 (build 511), stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon Fios, Linksys Velop, Netgear GS108 switch. All connected via ethernet (including the Velop).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
AppleTV 4k (ethernet>Netgear>Velop>Netgear>Fios router; AppleTV4k connected to Denon AVRx3500 via HDMI and to network via ethernet; Apple TV (older version, connected to Velop Node via ethernet and Toslink [in another system]), Oppo 203 DVD connected to network via ethernet used as a freestanding CD player and Roon endpoint

Description Of Issue
Roon doesn’t see the AppleTV 4K (it hasn’t since I bought it…a few days ago). Roon does see the older Apple TV. It also sees the Oppo and plays over the Denon AVR via Airplay.

Hi @James_Bailey,

Can you confirm what tvOS firmware version the device is on? Is it the same as the older Apple TV?

Is there any difference in the way that this device is connected to the network compared to the other Airplay devices?

It is OS 13.3 (17K449). The older ATV (Model A1469) is using OS 7.4 (8081). They’re both connected via Ethernet. However, in order to look up the OS on the older ATV (it wasn’t hooked up to a monitor), I swapped out the newer ATV4k and put the older ATV in its place (so the connection to the ATV was now IDENTICAL to how the ATV4k had been connected, including being connected to the Denon AVR via HDMI). I then checked to see if Roon could still find the older ATV. It could.

Thanks for confirming, @James_Bailey,

If you go to the Airplay settings for this device can you confirm that Allow Access is set to Everyone?

Can you also ensure that it is set to require password?

Neither of those settings were set correctly. I’ve done and now I can see the ATV4K. Thanks.

Hi @James_Bailey,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.