Roon not seeing files that are AIFF

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac, Mojave 10.14.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have some files in my iTunes data that are in AIFF format. They play fine in iTunes but none of them are brought into my Roon database.

I don’t even see the album unless it has another format file, then only the other formats show.

What do you see in skipped files? See

This KB article

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I see 2 files in the skipped files list, but none of the AIFF files that I was referring to.

Hi @Thornton_Staples,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

I have a feeling that the AIFF files are not completely up to standard and that may be the problem. They were all made by exporting scores I wrote in Finale, a music writing application. I will add a screenshot. They do all play just fine in iTunes…

I am not seeing how to upload the screen shot. The file entries have not special characters in the names, have a suffix of “aiff” and say that the are “AIFF-C audio files.”

When you reply you see this…

You can either tap/click that circled icon, or simply paste an image in the reply area.

Hi @Thornton_Staples,

Could you send us one of these files that isn’t importing?

Ideally, you can zip up the file and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.